Kenshin's home town hehe
- Nijo Castle - Entrance Fee JPY600
- Kinkakuji - Entrance JPY 400
- GinKakuji - entrance fee JPY 500
Oh! don't forget to try this green tea icecream just near the entrance. I don't know the name of the store hehe.
- Philosopher's Path - No entrance fee, we just walk here after ginkakuji temple.
- According to wiki the Philosopher's Walk is a pedestrian path that follows a cherry-tree-lined canal in Kyoto, between Ginkaku-ji and Nanzen-ji. The route is so-named because the influential 20th-century Japanese philosopher and Kyoto University professor Nishida Kitaro is thought to have used it for daily meditation. It passes a number of temples and shrines such as Hōnen-in, Ōtoyo Shrine, and Eikan-dō Zenrin-ji. It takes about 30 minutes to complete the walk, although many people spend more time visiting the sights along the way. On the northern part of the walk, there are good views of the nearby Daimonji. The walk is a popular destination for tourists and locals, especially during hanami.
- Marayuma Park - No entrance fee
- Gion Corner - we watched a show in Gion corner in a discounted price for only JPY2500. For more info read here. I think, this one is a must when you go to Kyoto you will see real giesha/maiko performance and other cultural/traditional dance of Japan. Isn't it amazing? I was so excited! :)
Tipid Tips: I recommend to buy Kyoto bus one-day pass card in Kyoto station for only JPY500. Regular bus fare is JPY230. Sulit na sulit yan! :)
How to apply and get a Japanese Tourist Visa
Summer in Japan: Shin-osaka apartment
Summer in Japan: References
Summer in Japan: Transpo HARUKA-ICOCA and KYOTO bus unli
Summer in Japan: Day 1 Soribashi - Shitennoji - Osaka Castle - Shinsaibashi/Dotonbori - Umeda Sky Buiding
Summer in Japan: Day 2 - Nijo Castle - Kinkakuji - Ginakakuji - Marayuma Park - Gion Corner
Summer in Japan: Day 3 - Tenryuji Temple - Arashiyama (Bamboo Groves) - Toji Temple - Tofukuji Temple - Fushimi Inari Shrine
Summer in Japan: Day 4 - USJ
Summer in Japan: Day 5 - KOBE
Summer in Japan: Day 6 - Nara
Summer in Japan: Itinerary 8D7N 5Cities