Friday, October 26, 2018

My journey to Low carb and Intermittent Fasting

Push yourself, because no one else is going to do it for you.

Nov22, 2019 - update
I am now in my over 4 month in LCIF program. Eat two times a day. No exercise. 3kilos lighter from my last update.





Oct 27, 2018

In my over 3 Months progress...

 At my heaviest 86 kilos vs 74 kilos.
May 15 2018 vs Oct 27 2018.

I am Iris, in my early 30's and childless (as of the moment LOL!). I just want to share my story and journey with LCIF (low carb and intermittent fasting) way of eating. Before I start LCIF, my heaviest weight is 86 kilos, I started July 09, 2018 together with my sisters Cams and April. April, our youngest encouraged us to tried the program. She added us in the Facebook group named Low Carb Intermittent Fasting Philippines. There are lot of testimonies/transformations that they lose weight by following LCIF program.

We follow what the moderators/coaches advice and tips on what to only eat in a certain schedule before having a meal. We literally read and maximize the use of search box in the group then to my best friend google who knows all hahahaha.  Low Carb Intermittent Fasting Philippines is a a perfect support group because its interactive. If you are running out of recipes to eat, you can look there from appetizer, main course to dessert. We can still eat delicious and nutritious food. 

What I avoided eating or totally not consuming?
- Food anything with rice, bread, pasta, flour, starchy vegetables(corn, potato, sweet potato etc) and sugary food.
- Soy sauce
- Tofu

What I eat?
- More on eggs, meat, fish and green leafy vegetables.
- fat bombs
- chicharon for snacks!
- Coconut oil / grass fed butter
- use equal gold for sweetener

What I drink?
- More on water!!
- Coke Zero
- Bulletproof coffee / bulletproof chocolate / bulletproof milk tea

Do I exercise?
- Not at all but I tried to exercise for a week only after I reached my 2nd month.
- I think I need to have an exercise to speed up to lose weight.

How many months I was doing LCIF?
- I started July 09, 2018 and currently its Oct 27, 2018 so going 4 months.

Am I satisfied with my current weight?
- My goal weight is 45 kilos - 50 kilos if possible, a normal BMI for my height 5'1 :)
As of now its too far from reality, my current weight is 74 kilos.

Do I eat in restaurants/fast food?
- If I eat in fast food we call it dirty lc because we do not know what recipe to that food (what oil they use in cooking ). For example chicken joy in Jollibee. I can still eat the chicken but not the rice. Because chicken is approved low carb food, chicken skin is ok but just need to avoid the breading.
- I prefer Filipino resto when eating out because I can order sinigang/nilaga or bulalo for myself :))

Do I Intermittent fasting?
-Yes. When I started I fast 16 hours and eat within the 8 hour period. Two meals a day (tmad) still in low carb approved food. Drink bullet coffee/chocolate and lots of water.
-Moderators said that IF is just an option because we can still lose weight if we don't fast but weigh lose will speed up when do intermittent fasting and do exercise.

------


I think i need to update this page to keep me motivated :)
Good luck to me.
Aja!!
Fighting!!

1 comment:

Intermittent fasting said...

very nice article and useful content